In number 23 of the OLACEFS Magazine you will find:
The experiences and results of the performance audit performed on the “Bridge to Development” program in Costa Rica. Also, an account from IDI on the scope of the cooperative audit on the fight against poverty in the region.
- The results of the implementation of the SAI Performance Measurement Framework in the Chamber of Accounts of the Dominican Republic and the Court of Accounts of El Salvador. Challenges and lessons learned.
- The SAIs of Ecuador and Venezuela share experiences that foster citizen support in the decision making of auditing entities.
- On integrity, Peru’s SAI talks about the effects of the new law on institutional strengthening and the national system for fighting corruption, which, in turn, aims to modernize and strengthen capabilities to sanction and oversee the proper use of public goods and resources.
- On the 2030 Agenda’s SDG 8 and Gender Equality, Sebastián Gil from IDI adds his view to the approaches of the EFSUR member SAIs voiced at the international seminar on this topic, and he reflects on action to help reach the goals of the 2030 Agenda, as a contribution from the SAI of Honduras.
- To find out about matters to be tackled in the framework of the XXVIII OLACEFS Assembly, analysis of the institutional design of public-private partnerships in Mexico is proposed, and the winners of the 2017 research contest “Oversight of the Supreme Audit Institutions of state-owned companies” present specific cases of this type of public practice.
- Finally, the Office of the Comptroller of Medellín and the Court of Auditors of the State of Espiritu Santo talk about the use of Big Data and the Economic Analysis of Law (EAD) as work implements for auditors which can be drivers for obtaining higher returns and benefit for SAIs, the auditors themselves and the general public.