The Presidency of the Latin American and Caribbean Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions – OLACEFS, and the Legal Advisory Committee – CAJ, summon members of full and associate SAI members to participate in the 2019 Regional Research Competition: “Strengthening governmental audit and control for the benefit of Latin America and the Caribbean.”
The purpose of the competition is to enrich the exchange of knowledge and experiences within the Regional Organization in favor of the improvement and quality of the control actions carried out by the Audit Institutions of OLACEFS. To do this, participants must choose a topic to develop among the following:
- Proposal of international collaboration mechanisms between SAIs to investigate cases of transnational corruption.
- Control of disaster management: experiences from Latin America and the Caribbean.
- The role of Supreme Audit Institutions in the monitoring and audit of Sustainable Development Goals.
- Transparency and Accountability: With focus on Open data and effective horizontal audit mechanisms.
- Strengthening the organizational culture of Supreme Audit Institutions through integrity as a public value.
- Citizen participation as social control and its impact on governmental control.
After an evaluation process, the selection committee will choose the 3 winners, of whom, first place will get US$1,500, second place US$1,000 and third place US$500.
Additionally, the 3 winning articles will be published in OLACEFS’ Auditing Magazine.
The deadline for receiving research is August 5, 2019.
To know more details about the competition, you can consult the following: