In order to generate and boost professional and institutional competencies, the OLACEFS Capacity-Building Committee (CCC) invites full and associate members of the Organisation of Latin American and Caribbean Supreme Audit Institutions (OLACEFS) to take part in the Induction Course on the INTOSAI Legal Framework (version 3.0), an initiative which is part of the ISSAI Regional Awareness-Raising Strategy, generated by the Working Group for the Implementation of International Auditing Standards in OLACEFS SAIs (GTANIA), in coordination with this committee.
The course aims to ensure a consistent level of knowledge throughout the region on the INTOSAI legal framework, on the following aspects:
- The relevance of professional standards
- General information on INTOSAI, its legal framework and classification principles
- The relevance of international standards proposed by OLACEFS
This training initiative will familiarise participants not only with the work of GTANIA but also with the Initiative for the Implementation of ISSAIs (3i Programme), with regional initiatives based on these standards and especially with each of the ISSAIs from levels 1, 2 and 3.
Similarly, the course shall take on the task of laying the groundwork for the training courses focusing on each of the standards from the levels mentioned, to be developed in 2015 and distributed at the OLACEFS Committees, Commissions and Working Groups Fair in November of this year. These courses will be held in 2016 as a reference for gap analysis and its subsequent detailed instrumentation.
As part of the process of continuous improvement, this third edition of the Induction Course, in addition to having updated content, will include new features, such as:
- Open participation for Associate Members such as the SAIs of Spain and Portugal, as well as sub-national entities and other stakeholders such as the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), given their involvement in several collaborative initiatives based on ISSAIs.
- Virtual coaching for each thematic module with the participation of tutors – GTANIA members and experts on the topics being dealt with.
- A new module to link the course with other regional initiatives relating to the implementation of standards, including the Internship Programme on Performance Audits; regional courses on Performance Audit; the implementation of the SAIs Performance Measurement Framework (SAI-PMF), and IntoSAINT.
The course will be held under the coordination of the Superior Audit Office of Mexico in its capacity as Chair of GTANIA and will offer tutors chosen from GTANIA SAI members who are expert on the relevant material. This training initiative will be held on the virtual platform of Mexico’s SAI.
Also, in order to optimise the development of the course and maintain adequate and close coordination, a Liaison Officer is requested from each SAI who will assume the role of liaison/contact with the Presidency of GTANIA. In addition, where applicable and for pedagogical reasons, in order to facilitate the transfer of knowledge one Support Officer per 30 participants is requested, taking into account the established policies accompanying this notice.
The list of participants, including information on the Liaison Officer and Support Officer, should be based on the attached form and sent to: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org (GTANIA Presidency) copying to: email@example.com y firstname.lastname@example.org (CCC Presidency).
Please find dates relevant to the Induction Course below:
|Deadline for sending contact details of Liaison Officer||Monday, May 15, 2015|
|Deadline for sending list of participants (using attached form)||Monday, May 15, 2015|
|Start of Induction Course||Monday, May 25, 2015|
For more information, please see the following documents: