The winners are those who have contributed to strengthening SAIs
The Order of Merit of the Americas for Control is an award presented to those who have shown exceptional merit in their contributions to external control.
The 59th Board of Directors Meeting in Buenos Aires, approved the rules and the establishment of the Americas Award through Agreement 1103/05/2014.
Exceptionally, for this first presentation of the award and due to the short time before the 24th General Assembly of Cuzco, the Chancellor of the Order and the President of OLACEFS proposed a list of winners which was approved by all board members.
The possible winners are:
- Víctor Caldeira, President of the Court of Accounts of the European Union.
- José Manuel Durão Barroso, President of the European Commission.
- Liu Jiayi, President of INTOSAI.
- Josef Moser, Secretary General of INTOSAI.
- Terence Nombembe, Ex President of INTOSAI and Ex Auditor General of South Africa.
- Luis Alberto Moreno, President of the Inter-American Development Bank.
- Tanja Gönner, President of the GIZ Management Board.
- Jim Yong Kim, President of the World Bank.
Winners will be awarded a special medal and diploma on Wednesday, November 26, in the context of the OLACEFS 24th General Assembly to be held in the city of Cuzco.
Please follow the links below to see the rules concerning the Order of Merit of the Americas for Control, and the proposal of possible winners: