The Intergovernmental Working Group of Experts on International Standards of Accounting and Reporting (ISARs) of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), extends an invitation to the Technical Workshop on International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), and the 34th session of the ISAR Working Group. Both events will take place at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, on October 31 and November 1 -3, 2017, respectively.
Issues to be addressed in the technical workshop include:
- The latest technical developments in IPSAS;
- The scope of the IPSAS conceptual framework after updating under the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB);
- Lessons learned from the practical implementation of IPSAS,
- The main considerations to be taken into account by countries transitioning from cash-based to accruals-based accounting;
- How governments contribute to the timely publication of public sector financial statements, and
- How IPSAS foster coherence between the provision of public sector financial information, national accounts systems and Government Finance Statistics (GFS) systems.
Meanwhile the 34th ISAR session aims to address:
- Enhancing the comparability of sustainability reporting: Selection of core indicators for company reporting on the corporate contribution towards the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals, and
- The role of disclosure in risk assessment and the enhancing of the use of corporate reports in decision-making.
Expected attendees include representatives from the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board(IPSASB), the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI), the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and some national accounting firms.
For more information, please see the attached program overview. In the event of an SAI or organization wanting to participate, please contact Naoufal Aouane on +41 22 917 2648, or e-mail NA.Intern@unctad.org and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For online registration, please click on this link: http://unctad.org/en/Pages/MeetingDetails.aspx?meetingid=1298