At the end of 2017, the INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI) published the Global SAI Stocktaking Report 2017(1). The document, made up of a main report and an annex, as well as the results of the INTOSAI Global Survey 2017, includes the following:
- The most important findings from the analysis of various sources, including the Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability (PEFA) evaluation, the Open Budget Survey and the SAI Performance Measurement Framework (SAI PMF).
- A comparison of the 2017 Report with the Global Reports of the Evaluation from 2010 and 2014(2).
- The approach and methodology used to prepare the report, as well as the main results regarding SAI profiles, independence and legal mandate, organizational systems and professionalization and capacity building in SAIs.
- The performance of SAIs in each INTOSAI region and comparative information on the different regional organizations including OLACEFS.(3)
- A statistical section with key indicators for income and regional classification and a more detailed presentation and analysis of data collected, included in the annex.
For more information on the Global SAI Stocktaking Report 2017, please follow the link from IDI’s website:
Or click here for their YouTube channel:
1 Available only in English. Spanish and French versions will soon be made available by IDI.
2 Available only in English.
3 Section aimed at OLACEFS on pages 55-56 of the Global SAI Stocktaking Report 2017.